Monday, October 1, 2012

My Ten Pound Celebration Gift...

As I began my weight loss journey it occurred to me that I should do something to celebrate my weight loss as I went along. You know, a bit of motivation to help keep me on the right track.
 
For my first mile stone, a ten pound loss, I decided to make myself a fall scarf. I used an Eddie Eckman pattern from her Crochet Boarders book (see below) and modified it into a scarf. 
 
 
Here is the result:
 
This first picture was taken right after I finished 'blocking' my scarf.

 
A close up:
 
 
 I think the smile on my face says it all about how much I love this scarf and how proud I was to have lost the first ten pounds!


A full shot of me wearing the scarf cowl-style. My daughter took this picture for me and somehow managed to cut off the top of my head, but get her brother's head in the picture! LOL
 

Now I am just playing around! I hung the scarf up in front of my draperies to show off the colors.


My scarf hanging over the back of one of the dining room chairs.
 
I was so excited to have some fall weather arrive the other day and I took full advantage of the lovely, cool weather by wearing my scarf to work and receiving SO many compliments. A perfect reward for all my hard work!


2 comments:

  1. That scarf is just lovely! Great colors! CONGRATS on your weight loss and looking forward to seeing what you make when you hit 20 pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy!

      I have actually hit a 40 pound loss as of last weigh-in, but am just that behind in blogging! LOL!

      Delete