Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A New Technique and A New Pillow

I have been crocheting since I was around twelve years old. My wonderful Aunt Twyla taught me how to crochet a granny square and I have been in love ever since! Since then, I have learned how to read all of the stitches and have not found a stitch pattern I cannot learn. So, needless to say, I am always up for a challenge.
I attempted to learn to knit and took a couple of classes at one of the near by community colleges, and although it is intriguing and fun, getting beyond the basic knit one purl one is rather difficult with two little ones trying to help. Mostly, the pointy needles make me a bit nervous with my little man climbing in and out of my lap the whole time. That does not mean I am giving up, just delaying progress.
So, the search continues... I came accross the squiggly crochet technique a few years ago, and even bought a booklet on it. At the time I was pregnant with my son and could not make heads or tails of it (Mommy brain! LOL) A few days ago, I decided it was time to try again.

Here is the result...
I consider it a sucess!

Not to be left out, Sami had to have a turn in front of the camera! She is standing on my pillow actually; just to make sure I would not be able to ignore her pleas of "My turn! My turn!"
Isn't she making a 'lovely' face for the camera! I think this photo will have to be added to her 'photos to show at graduation' album.

 For the back of my pillow, I used a granny square. It somehow seemed appropriate. :)

 I think it looks nice in the living room nestled on the couch amongst the handmade toys.
The snake behind it was made by my dear friend over at Kashi's Corner. If you have not visited her blog before, you should! Tony still loves his snake Kashi.


No comments:

Post a Comment